JAMB says that no exemption on biometric verification for all candidates of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
In it’s vol 1, N0 11 weekly bulletin, the registrar discloses that there will not be exemption on biometric verification for any candidates of UTME.
It was also disclosed that, no candidate should be kept waiting if He/She cannot be verified but rather be directed to contact JAMB. The examination will be conducted on April 11th across the country.
The board also said that all examination officials, including security agents, are to ensure that they comply with all guidelines, rules and regulations on the examination as strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
Below are 6 more important notes released by JAMB.
- Biometric Verification will be the only mode for the admittance of candidates into the examination centre.
- Exemption mode is not allowed for any candidate.Therefore, NO BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION, NO EXAMINATION.
- No Candidate should be kept waiting. If he/she cannot be verified, Such candidate should be directed to contact JAMB.
- There is no other attendance register apart from the biometric verification. Biometric verification will also serve as attendance register during examination.
- Photo Albums will only carry pictures with no marking points for either Present or Absent.
- All Examination Officials, including the security agents are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules and regulations on the examination. Strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
Candidates are also to ensure that they do not go to the exam hall with any of the prohibited items.
Also Check; JAMB list of Prohibited UTME Items